Want to work with USdigital?
As the digital division of Unsworth Sugden Group, a dynamic full service marketing agency based in Leicester City Centre, USdigital has become an established and well recognised digital agency in it’s own right. Offering robust services in web design, development, SEO, PPC, Social Media & Email Marketing we build long lasting partnerships with clients across a wide range of business sectors.
Lead WordPress Developer (Up to £40K DOE)
To lead and manage a team of developers, supporting them in career progression and the development of client websites/email builds. You will be responsible for the organisation, support and mentoring of junior members of the team, helping to create and maintain a professional culture within the team, where individuals take ownership and are fastidious and proud of delivering excellence and quality.
Responsible for the quality and technical approach taken by team members, ensuring it is in-line with the company strategy – and that projects are delivered on time and budget, this is a hands-on role where you will be expected to code and to hold the overall technical knowledge around client solutions and platforms.
You will be as comfortable attending meetings with our clients as developing and scoping work with internal teams, working with management and account handlers to find solution to problems and keep the team smoothly ticking along.
Your creativity and technical excellence will manifest itself in a wide range of products and services which will help distinguish us from the competition and offer clients a truly engaging and superior interactive experience at every digital touch-point.
The lead developer will be responsible for overseeing the rest of the development team, reporting to the Digital Director.
Key Functional Areas of Responsibility
- Working alongside our in-house design team to execute the development of web platforms.
- Work alongside the Management Team to improve internal and external processes
- Deliver project roadmaps integrating with the clients wider marketing strategy.
- Have the opportunity to lead innovation on new ideas, techniques and methodology.
- Join client meetings/proposal stage meetings to help win new business and be the voice of development.
- Producing comprehensive and accurate estimates for work
- Present work and articulate technical executions at client level
- Train and lead, both formally and informally, members of the team in commercial and technical skills
- Monitor the performance and ability of junior developers in team
- Testing work thoroughly against specifications and test plans to avoid errors and re-work.
Overall, the Lead WordPress Developer is expected to:
- Be a natural born leader, able to translate complex technical concepts into easy to understand language for client and the internal team to understand.
- Be experienced in developing bespoke, responsive and search engine friendly websites in an agency environment.
- Be a strong leader, with a professional attitude and lead by example work ethic
- Be bright, highly self-motivated and driven
- Have the ability to multi-task and stay organised in a dynamic work environment
- Be analytical and inquisitive, with excellent attention to detail
- Be reliable, flexible and cooperative
- Be diplomatic and tactful
- Be personable and approachable, with an enthusiastic and motivational nature and an overall passion for web development
- Experienced in design and development within platforms such as WordPress with the ability to also develop emailers from set PDF designs.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and demonstrate good critical thinking abilities.
- Have an understanding of SEO
Compensation & Benefits
- 30 days paid holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- An additional day off for your birthday
- Additional holiday for long servers (Gained during 3rd year)
- Pension contribution
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company Laptop
- Monthly company lunches and drinks
- On-site kitchen facilities, pool table, darts board, bar.
- Flexible working – Working from home and office 2/3 days per wee
- On-site Parking
How to Apply
To apply for this position, send an email to email@example.com with “Lead WordPress Developer” in the subject line. In the email, make sure to include your CV (in word or PDF preferred), cover letter, salary requirements, and any additional information you would feel relevant for this role.